GMP Friction Products Data Sheets Provide Valuable Mix Information
GMP Friction Products provides data sheets for all of the metallic powder friction mixes developed by their engineers. When selecting the proper friction mix for a specific brake or clutch application, it is important to understand all the characteristics, wear properties and capabilities of the materials. Data sheets provide detailed information that allows engineers to learn more about the purpose and performance of each specific friction mix available from GMP Friction Products.
Friction Products Data Sheets
Friction products data sheets define the powdered metal mix and testing information that allow an engineer to determine the viability of a friction mix for a specific brake or clutch application.
Data sheets from GMP Friction Products include:
- Description of the friction material
- Friction metals used to create the friction mix
- Suggested uses for the friction material
- If the friction mix is suitable for wet or dry applications or both
- Graphic illustrations of the torque curves
- Performance graphs
- Parameters of inertia, speed applied pressure, oil temperature and oil flow
- Baseline conditions with the dynamic coefficient of friction and the static coefficient of friction
- Any friction changes in the dynamic coefficient of friction and the static coefficient of friction after heavy loading
- The friction material’s capability to absorb energy to the point of failure
GMP Friction Products data sheets also include the friction mix numbers and contact information for ordering a specific friction material.